Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Can we just talk about ordering hot chocolate at coffee shops?

So I always order hot chocolate at fancy coffee shoppes. Always. Go ahead all you black coffee drinkers, start throwing those judgmental glances my direction and pretend to enjoy that insanely strong tar you you're addicted to. How on earth is your bitter caffeine buzz any cooler than the sweet, creamy, hot chocolate warming up my hands? Let's do the math: creamy, smooth, sweet chocolate > strong, watery, bitter beans. Period

I don't care how it was roasted, what country it's from, or how long it was brewed. Unless it tastes like ice cream, I can guarantee you I won't be drinking it. There is nothing wrong with enjoying a great cup of dark chocolaty goodness, and I am definitely not less cultured than you just because I'm not addicted to espresso. Y'all, quit with the sidelong judgmental looks and not-so-subtle scoffs. My IQ did not, in fact, drop when I didn't order coffee. I'm not ashamed, people.
I love my hot chocolate. 

Love and Chocolate,
SJ--

No comments:

Post a Comment